Saturday, May 3, 2008

Welcome to my blog!

5-03-08 I'd like to welcome you to my blog, where I'll attempt to post things related to the field of exergaming. It will cover a wide range of topics related to exergaming. Thanks to my good buddy, Rob Wheat, for suggesting that I create this. I'll be using this to post exergaming-related things that may not be directly related to the XRtainment Zone. 

Stay tuned for my reports from the upcoming Games for Health conference in Baltimore next week. It'll be the largest gathering of exergaming folks that we have ever had. Exergaming researchers, business owners, vendors, others will be there. Anyone that is someone in exergaming will be there (or at least most of them!). 

I'll try and report on the sessions, post pictures so you can see some of the folks, and even post some video interviews so stay tuned!

I'm here writing this in the Kansas City airport (KCI). I spoke at the American Osteopathic Assocation of Sports Medicine conf. on exergaming and pediatric obesity. It was very well-received and made some nice contacts. BTW, this is one of the NICEST airports I've been in--nice sofa-style seats with elec. outlets for laptops or charging cell phones (small tables in between the seats), counters and bar stools for laptops, and FREE wi-fi! How nice is that!

Stay tuned for my first post from this trip and for next week's G4H conf.

Be well!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Ernie -- What a fun report of our Games for Health conference. I've heard lots of news reports this week about this conference, including National Public Radio. I think the rest of the country is finally getting your message. Keep up the good work. Jeanne